4 Minute Read
Every minute of any given day, Google receives 3.8 million searches.
By now, we’re all aware of the power Google holds. It’s how people find where to eat, what doctor to see, where to travel, and even how to cross-stitch. That’s why when you are considering your marketing efforts online, Google should be more than a consideration, but a requirement.
When you search on Google for a business, you often see on the right side of the page a feature box of that business. This is a Google My Business (GMB) profile. This profile summarizes your business with contact information, a link to your website, reviews, pictures, and event posts.
In an attempt to always keep current and trying new ideas for our clients, Webster Digital Marketing is now adding posts to your Google My Business as a part of our Search Engine Optimization services.
What is a Google My Business Post?
Currently, there are four different types of GMB posts, described by Google.
- Product: “Posts that emphasize a specific product your business sells. Product posts require a title and photo or video. You can also include a CTA button and other information. For example, an electronics store may promote a new phone for sale.”
- What’s New: “Posts that provide general information about your business. You can include a photo/video, link, CTA button, and other information. For example, a restaurant could make a post to promote a new menu item.”
- Event: “Posts that promote an event your business is involved with or supports. Event posts require a title, start/end dates and time, and may include a photo/video, CTA button, and other information. For example, a bookstore may advertise a local author’s book signing or a book club meeting.”
- Offer: “Posts that provide promotional sales or offers from your business. Offer posts require a title and start/end dates and times. A “View offer” CTA button is automatically added to the post. You can also include a photo/video, coupon code, link, and terms and conditions with the post. For example, a pizza parlor may advertise a 20% off large pizzas for a week.”
Why Post on Google My Business?
While these posts can seem eerily similar to what you may already be doing on social media, there are some specific advantages to posting on your GMB profile.
Improve Your Ranking
- By sharing relevant content and information about your business, you can make your GMB listing more relevant to inquiries. You are also building your location authority, which Google uses in ranking your listing on its search engine. The higher your ranking, the more traffic to your website. That’s what SEO is all about.
Directly Connect with Potential Customers
- By including a call to action on your posts, you can work toward converting more people into customers. Ask people to sign up for a newsletter, learn about your latest offer, or have them call you. By offering a specific action to take, customers are more likely to interact.
Test New Ideas
- GMB posts do have a time limit of 7 days. However, thanks to their temporary nature, the platform provides business with a way to test ideas that could improve your marketing. Promote an offer in different ways and see which one works best before placing it elsewhere.
Stand Out Against Competition
- Many companies have yet to adopt posting on GMB. This may be because brands are unaware of how to fit posts into their strategy. However, that’s exactly why customers use our marketing services! We will create posts for you and share them once a month as part of your SEO services with us.
Stay Up-To-Date and In-The-Know with Webster!
If you are interested in having us boost your search ranking with our Search Engine Optimization, including posts to your Google My Business, contact us today!
If you are a current customer, you may have noticed that we’ve already started posting on your GMB as a means of helping your online presence and SEO. If you have any questions or even ideas on posts you would like to see, we would love to hear from you!