Are you getting leads but not converting them into customers? Do you have a product with a long sales cycle – with many touchpoints and time to make a purchase decision? Do you want to find more ways to engage your customers after a sale is made? If you answered yes to any of these questions, automated recurring emails might be just the marketing tool you need.
Automated recurring emails are an important element in digital marketing. By implementing automated recurring emails businesses can save time, increase efficiency, and ultimately drive more sales. Often referred to as drip campaigns, this is an effective tool many businesses use to capture the attention of customers that are short-sighted or distracted. Let’s explore the benefits of using automated recurring emails in your digital marketing strategy.
What are automated recurring emails?
Automated recurring emails are pre-written emails that are sent out on a regular basis to a predetermined list of recipients. These emails can be used for a variety of purposes, such as promotional offers, newsletter updates, event invitations, and more.
The benefits of using automated recurring emails:
- Increased efficiency: Automated recurring emails save time by automating the process of sending out emails. This means that you don’t have to spend time manually sending out emails to your list of recipients, which can be a time-consuming task.
- Increased engagement: By sending out regular emails, you can keep your audience engaged and informed about your business. This can help to build a loyal customer base and increase the chances of making a sale.
- Improved segmentation: Automated recurring emails can be segmented based on customer behavior and preferences. This means that you can send targeted emails to specific groups of customers, which can help to increase open rates and click-through rates.
- Cost-effective: Automated recurring emails are a cost-effective way to stay in touch with your customers. If you have the right email sending programming you don’t have to pay for each email that you send out, which can save you money in the long run.
How to pair automated recurring emails with online marketing
Speaking of email marketing software, this is a great tool that can help you automate the process of sending out emails. Most programs will also allow you to track open rates, click-through rates, and other metrics that can help you improve your email marketing strategy. At Webster Digital Marketing, we have our preferred email marketing programs that include all of these tools.
Great examples of drip email marketing campaigns:
Here are some examples of ways we’ve effectively used drip email marketing to help our customers convert more leads.
- Keep a prospects’ attention after a PPC campaign. Drip marketing can make sure your prospects receive an email from you right away when they have responded to a pay-per-click campaign, no matter the day of the week or the time of the day. Then, they can take it a step further, by continuing to send regular emails over a period of time to ask the prospect to take a particular action – like sign up for a free trial or fill out an application.
- Wish your customers a happy birthday or anniversary. This can be especially effective when paired with a coupon. And it’s set up to happen automatically without any action needed on your part.
- Remind customers of a purchase anniversary. If your customer is going to need to sign up again or if they will have some other action to take after their purchase (like make a payment) an automated email can remind them without you having to do a thing.
- Continue to educate a prospect. If your cycle process involves having a customer download a whitepaper or take a webinar, you can pair that with an automated drip email campaign to continue to educate your prospect and keep them moving along the sales funnel until they turn into customers.
Other benefits of using an email marketing software tool:
- Segment your email list: Use customer data to segment your email list based on behavior and preferences. This will help you send targeted emails that are more likely to be opened and clicked on. You can create a current customer list, a former customer list, a list based on an event guest list and more.
- Use email templates: Many email marketing programs include pre-designed email templates to create professional-looking emails that are easy to read and understand. This could help you save time and ensure that your emails are consistent with your brand.
- Use a call-to-action: When someone receives communication from you, you should answer the question “what next?” You should include a clear call-to-action in your emails. This could be a link to a product page or a discount code. This will help to drive sales and increase engagement.
Let’s Elevate Your Email Marketing Together!
Webster Digital Marketing can assist you building and creating your automated email marketing campaigns. When you work with your digital marketing company to help set-up these types of campaigns, we bring our existing knowledge of your client base to the table. Contact us today to learn more about how Webster Digital Marketing can assist you!