Documentation | Blog | Demos | Support
How to Read Your SEO Report
This information can also be found in Client Instructions.
Know the difference between various types of results when tracking your business’ search results!
Summary Chart: Rankings by Position
This chart shows you how many search terms you have ranking in key positions- e.g. how many search terms in This chart shows you how many search terms you have ranking in key positions. For example, the height of the green in the bars represents how many search terms are on the first page, with the brightest green being position 1. Results from all search engines together are grouped together and the last 6 months of results are shown for comparison.
Summary Table: Rankings by Change
The Summary Table compares last month’s rankings to this month’s rankings, and describes how many keywords moved up, went down, stayed the same, and gained a new listing. The breakdown will show you where those changes happened—Google, Google Maps, Bing, etc.
This list goes shows each keyword and explains each keyword’s movement compared to last month’s positioning. These results always show your ranking in the top 50 positions.
As you can see, there are a lot of icons within the ranking table. These icons are used to identify certain search results.
Ranking Results Explained
The Local Pack
- Appears below ads but above organic results
- Shown right under a map, with 3-4 listings highlighted in a box
- Results will be displayed in the rankings table as 1A, 2B, or 3C.
- Typically show up below any ads and below the local pack.
- The results in your report will appear as 1, 2, 3, and so on.
- In general, there are 10 listings per page. So, listings 1-10 are on the first page, 11-20 on the 2nd page, and so on.
- Can also appear in results – typically for museums or attractions
- Shows at the top of the page
- Scrollable, so searchers can view more
- Uses information in the Google MyBusiness listing
- Usually displays in results if the keyword is brand related (i.e., you are searching for the name of a company)
- Often, but not always, displayed at the top and bottom of the page
- Also displayed on the map
- Paid search positioning (not organic results)
For more information on understanding your ranking results in your Local Search Rank Checker report, contact Webster Digital Marketing today.