Getting Started with GoDaddy Hosting
If we are creating a website for you on GoDaddy (or moving one to GoDaddy), these are the steps to get your hosting set up properly.
- If you don’t already have one, create an account on GoDaddy.com. If you do have one, log in. Note: if you want us to complete the entire process of purchasing your hosting for you, add a payment method to GoDaddy at this time.
- On GoDaddy.com (after you have logged in) click on your name at the top right of the screen.
- Click Renewals and Billing.
- Click on the tab for Payment Methods.
- Follow the instructions to add a payment method to your account.
- Grant us access to the account by following the instructions below.
- Let us know if you have granted us access. Do NOT add anything to your shopping cart or make any purchases. We will handle that for you. This is to be sure you purchase the correct hosting product for your needs. At this time, please also let us know the following:
- If you don’t want 3 years of hosting at this time (see #4 below).
- For a long time, GoDaddy has been offering a free domain name with the purchase of hosting. By default, we will find a domain name as close to your business name as possible. If you want something else for your domain name, let us know.
- If you want us to complete the entire order process for you or if you want to look at the shopping cart and complete the purchase yourself. We’ve had difficulty sometimes with customers not seeing the items we’ve put in their cart. So, the option to have us complete everything is the easiest for you.
- We will go into your account and put the items you need in your shopping cart. By default, we will sign you up for 3 years of hosting (which will give you the best monthly price). Be aware that GoDaddy will not issues refunds for hosting. They will, however, move your credits to another product. So if you don’t want 3 years of hosting, let us know.
- We will either complete the purchase for you or contact you with instructions for you to complete the purchase yourself.
- That’s it. Your hosting is set up!
Granting Us Access to Your GoDaddy Account
The following instructions will allow you to grant Webster Digital Marketing, Inc. access to your GoDaddy account. This will allow us to access your domain names and website and to put items into your shopping cart on your behalf.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click on your name in the top right corner.
- Click on Account Settings
- Scroll down to Delegate Access. From there, you may need to authenticate again with a code.
- Click on Invite to Access. Fill in my name and email address (Annastasia Webster, email@example.com), and then give me the access level of “Products, Domains & Purchase” so that I can add items to your shopping cart.